Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Update!!

I know, I know... I have terrible about posting updates over the last two months, but I'm a teacher - can you really blame me? Plus, work on the house has been little bits and pieces here and there, that it almost isn't worth it until now, when there is lots to see! First, our kitchen! We have about half of the granite finished, and the rest to be finished early next week (minus backsplashes). When that's finished, our cooktop can be installed, which is the only appliance we are still waiting for! Yay! The others were up and running last Thursday evening, including the dishwasher, fridge, oven, and sink with disposal! I totally forgot what life is like with a disposal -- what did they ever do before those things?!? Here are some pics of the kitchen:


Pretty fancy trim work, eh? Kev is quite proud and I'm quite impressed! He also has been working on the trim inside the wayne's coating/shadow boxes. It's a small rope moulding on top of a flat moulding that matches our cabinets. Doors are also newly installed and most all of the moulding is complete... the bay window is all that's left! It's getting closer and closer!


















3 comments:

AlexisTexas said...

incredible! it is so nice, i bet you are just dying to have it all finally done! how worth it though-it looks seriously and insanely awesome. hope teaching is going well-not too crazy! keep those kids in line! miss ya!

Anonymous said...

Erika- Your kitchen is INCREDIBLE!!! Great job Kevin! Everything is looking wonderful- I remember what it was like to have a 'real kitchen' back when we did our renovations- Ahh! I know you are feeling SO good now! :) Congrats and keep up the updates (when you get a chance)

xox

Nancy Kules

Amy said...

Erika it is absolutely GORGEOUS! I love it and am super impressed!!! I can't believe what a change from the beginning. Awesome!